Thursday 30 October 2014

Autumn 2014 Favourite Lip Colours!

WELL HELLO EVERYONE!
It's been a long couple of months, but I'm finally back to business starting with one of my favourite beauty products; LIPSTICK.
Autumn is without a doubt my favourite season. Nothing beats snuggling up with lots of layers and lighting a few candles in the evenings. Autumn is also the season for my favourite colours from nudes to berry or jewel tones, and on an especially cold day deep, vampy red shades. 

So lets begin with my top picks for Autumn 2014...


This Autumn I have been slightly obsessed with matte pink/brown nudes shades (think Kylie Jenner-esque colours), but you also can't go through this season without a few darker shades too!


So first of all we have the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in the shade 01. This is a bold red shade which isn't too bright or too dark. All of the Kate Moss lipsticks are really creamy and smooth to apply whilst also being really opaque. I love to wear this lipstick with just plain eyes or a bold eyeliner flick, and it is great for bringing colour to a monotone clothes look.


Next is the Avon Matte Lipstick in Matte Mauve. I have been loving matte lip products SO much lately, and this is a really cheap Kylie Jenner style lip colour. It's a quite dark pink/mauve nude which dried to a semi-matte finish. I really like this colour when I want a less bold lip, but still a darker colour. 


This is my favourite lipstick at the minute, and I've practically been wearing it everyday! It's the Nyx Matte Lipstick in the shade Whipped Caviar. This is another Kylie Jenner style colour, but it is a bit lighter than the Avon shade. It is more of a mauve-nude, but has such a lovely matte finish, Warning: sad story alert... When I went to reapply this at school one day, the whole bullet of lipstick fell out of the tube and so I had to push it back in (so excuse the mess of the tube). I hope that that's just the one I picked up and not all of their lipsticks, as I'm seriously in love with Nyx Lipsticks at the minute!


Next is the Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy in the shade Intense Nude. I got this particular lipstick right at the end of Winter earlier this year, so hadn't got much wear out of it, but this Autumn I've been making up for that! This is another pink/brown nude colour, but is noticeably more brown than the others. Due to the high quality of the formula, you can really tell it is a nourishing product to apply, and the money is really worth it for such a beautiful lip colour. 


Lastly is a product which I have been loving to use as an alternative to a glossy nude lip, and that's the MUA Luxe London Velvet Matte Lipgloss in the shade Tranquility. These lip cream type products have become really popular, and MUA do a really cheap alternative to the more expensive ones. Fair enough this product may not have great staying power, but I've really been loving the colours; especially this light brown nude shade. You apply the product like a gloss to your lips, and then it dries to a super matte finish. It does tend to rub away from the middle when eating, but it seems to withstand drinks quite well. This product is just really good for a different lip look at a really cheap price!


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post!
Have you tried and loved any of these products too?
What would you recommend as your go-to lip colour for Autumn?


No comments:

Post a Comment