Wednesday 26 March 2014

You Beauty Discovery Box || Limited Edition Benefit Beauty Box

Hey Guys!


So I had the day off school today because of the strikes, so was expecting just a normal day doing coursework. But earlier this my Limited Edition You Beauty Box arrived, and I've been looking forward to writing this all day really!





So I ordered this Limited Edition Benefit Beauty box from http://www.youbeautydiscovery.co.uk/, and basically you pay to receive a box a samples. The website normally offers a membership where you spend £6.95 a month and they send you luxury samples, but this is one of their limited edition boxes, where they collab with companies to get great samples, and on this occasion it's teamed with Benefit, and for only £14.95, you get 6 samples, which I think is a bargain!
I was so excited to see this collab, as I've wanted to try some of the new Benefit makeup, especially the Pore-fessional, since the whole brand is raved about so much, and I think that this is the perfect way to try them out without having to spend lots of money in one go. At first I was a bit surprised to see how small the box was, but it's really jam packed, and even though they aren't huge samples, you get quite a lot of each product to try it out! So yeah, here's what is inside.


This is the Triple Performing Face Emulsion which is a sheer oil-free facial lotion with SPF 15 in it. It says to apply it to a freshly cleansed face every morning, so it acts as a moisturiser. It comes in a super fancy glass bottle, so initially feels really expensive, and I really like the simplicity of the packaging. The lotion smells really nice and fresh, nothing too strong, and it's really soft and blends it really well. 


Next is the product that I was probably the most excited to get, and that's the Pore Fessional which is a pore minimising face primer. I think just about everyone has heard about this as it has so much hype in the beauty world, and although I may be a bit late on the bad wagon, I couldn't bring myself to part with like £19 in case I didn't like it. So I'm super excited to try this out, and will most probably do a review on it soon. 


Next is the They're Real Mascara, and this is another cult beauty product. Obviously the wand looks really big in the sample sized tube, but looks really good. It has quite large bristles all over it, but also bristles all over the end so that it's easy to get to those awkward lashes. I'm so excited to try this out (probably tomorrow at school!), and I just hope it has good staying power, and doesn't rub off during the day. 



Next is a tiny little bottle of the Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain, and this comes in a cute little box with instructions inside the lid. This product is liquid tint, that you put on your cheeks as blusher, or to colour your lips. The product comes with a tiny brush applicator, and I'm not sure how I'll apply this product to get an even coat, but I think trying with a brush is the best approach so I'll get back to you on that one!


Next is the It's Potent Eye Cream. This product looks very good for me because it says it is a brightening eye cream to fade dark circles, and I have dark circles, so what's to not make me want the try it out! It's in a little glass pot, basically the same as the facial emulsion, but is a bit thicker than it, so I think I'll start by trying it out at night. But this looks really good, and I think that if it's a decent product, I'll really consider buying the full size, since looking after your skin is so important. 



And lastly is a sample of the new Bigger Than BB Big Easy Multi-Balancing Complexion Perfector with SPF 35 and a liquid to powder formulation. This product is sure claiming a lot, but I don't know whether this sample will be too dark for me, since it is in the shade 03 Light/Medium. However, I'll still give it a go and see how it does, but this is the only one use sample. 

So yeah, I hope you have enjoyed this post, as I think Beauty Boxes are such a great way to try out new products!


No comments:

Post a Comment