Wednesday 19 February 2014

Consequences of Retail Therapy || Beauty Haul

Hey Guys!

So I went to Milton Keynes shopping yesterday, and lets say came back with a significantly lighter purse! I actually went to do my driving theory test, and obviously had to peruse the beauty shops there! I must admit that I splurged a bit, but in the end I failed my theory by one mark, so I was glad to have all this as a cheer-me-up! So yeah, there is a mix of drugstore and high-end products, and some I've been looking forward to trying and will review them once I've tried them out properly. 


So the first thing that I've been so excited to get is the Barry M Flawless Matte Finish Oil Free Foundation in the shade Ivory.


I've read great reviews about this on various blogs and have been waiting to get to a Superdrug in order to buy it! It claims to be 'super blendable' with a 'hydrating formula'. The swatch I tried on my hand feels really smooth and it has a really light formula, which hopefully will look nice on the skin. So yeah, really looking forward to trying this and at something like £6 a bottle, you can't really go wrong!

Next is the H&M BB Cream Brush.


This is basically a dense, angled stippling brush. I've never tried any H&M cosmetic products before, but I've been looking for a new foundation brush and thought I'd give it a try. It's really soft and thick, and  has a nice flat top, which can be used for BB/CC cream or liquid foundations. Hopefully this brush will be really good for buffing out foundation when applying.

Next, surprise surprise, is a nail varnish. Literally cannot go anywhere without coming back with a nail varnish! This is the Barry M Silk Nail Paint in the shade Meadow which is like a shimmery pale blue.


This new range of Barry M Nail Paints is supposed to look like silk after you've applied it, and looks good so far. I quickly tried on one coat when I got back yesterday, and it's pretty sheer, so am guessing you'd need a few coats. They had a really pretty selection of spring colours, so if this one is good, I'll definitely have to find an excuse to get some more!

Next is one of my favourite products that I use on a daily basis, and it's the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade 001 Transparent.



I go through these bad boys like they're going out of fashion really. This is such a great setting powder, especially if you've got oily skin, as it gives a really great matte finish to our foundation as well as making it last for ages. I cannot speak highly enough of this product, and as I'm sure many beauty bloggers would agree, if you haven't tried it yet you really are missing out!

Next is a more expensive product, but I literally fell in love with it as soon as I swatched it. It's the MAC Veluxe Pearl Eyeshadow in the shade Expensive Pink.



This is such a gorgeous, dusty-rose gold pink shade with a heavy gold shimmer through it. It is also quite a coral-toned shade, which makes it very wearable for summer. I cannot wait to start trying out a few looks with this, as the swatches I did were so pigmented and creamy. 

Then we have the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser.


This was a bit more expensive than I thought it would be, but I'd heard such good reviews about it, I couldn't  pass the chance to pick it up. This product is essentially a face primer, targeted at minimising the look of pores. It is a transparent cream, that actually looks matte when it comes out. It smooths out really nice and smoothly on the skin, and hopefully it will help my makeup to stay out of my pores for a good amount of time. 

Next is a second product from H&M and that is their Eyebrow Fix. 



This is basically a clear mascara like gel, that you brush through your brows to set any powder or product. It has quite a large wand to apply the product with, and hopefully it won't be too crunchy or dry horribly when it's actually on the brows, so fingers crossed for this product.

Lastly we have what I think is my favorite thing that I've bought in quite a while! I went to the MAC counter and was looking for an off-red lipstick that wasn't too bright, since I tend to go for bright or dark reds, and the woman at the counter suggested this shade so I tried it on and literally couldn't leave without it! It's the MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in the shade On Hold.



It is just the most beautiful red with slight pink/orange undertones. It isn't too bright and because it is a Cremesheen lipstick, it's very moisturising and creamy. This is by far my favourite lipstick now, and I'm beyond excited to start wearing it!

So yeah that's everything to show today! I hope you enjoyed seeing everything I got, and I'll post full reviews on everything once I've tried them out and seen what they're like!

No comments:

Post a Comment