Thursday 2 January 2014

Christmas 2013 Beauty Presents

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I had such a good Christmas, and thought I'd share the beauty related presents that I got from my friends and family.


I received so many lovely presents which I am really excited to use! First I got the Just Pink Fragrance Collection from Next.


This is my favourite everyday perfume, and I ran out of my first bottle a few weeks ago, so this was perfect timing. It consists of the Eau de Parfum,  a Body Lotion, and a Body Spray, all with the Just Pink scent. I like it because it has quite a strong,floral fragrance, but it's not overpowering. I love this perfume for everyday, and will definitely be using it all year round!

Next, I got a few Barry M products.



First is the Smokin' Hot Eyeshadow and Blush Palette. It has six eye shadows, which can all be used to create a black/grey smoky eye. All of the shades have really good pigmentation, and lead to a very glam eyeshadow look, which is perfect for going out and party looks. 
Then is the Barry M Nail Paints in Magenta Glitter and Limited Edition C. They are both really pretty, glittery top coats and, especially the silver glitter, will look good on top of any colour nail varnish. Then is the Barry M Lipstick in shade 145. This is a bright Fuchsia pink with purple undertones. Its not as bright on thee lips as it appears, but I think that's good, because it means you can build up a brightness of colour that you want. 

Some of my favourite products, and ones that I have used for the longest are from the Body Shop.



A few old classics I got is the Mango Shower Gel and the Mango Body Butter. The mango scent is my favourite one from Body Shop, and I regularly use their body butter as a body moisturiser, especially in Winter, because it's so rich and thick. The new products I can't wait to try are the Born Lippy Lip Balms in the flavours Lychee, Strawberry and Pomegranate. So far they all smell SO good, and I am hoping that they will be really moisturising and good for my lips, but Body Shop already have a good reputation in my eyes so I'm sure that I'll love them. 

Then we have a few products from Avon that I've wanted to try for ages!


On the left is the Avon 8-in-1 Eye Palette in the shade The Metallics. I really wanted this palette for the festive time, because as you can guess, all the shades are metallic. This means that you can get a really festive look really easily. What I also liked about this palette was the range of shades. There are a few more out-there shades (like the teal or mustard shade), which I am really excited to try and use. I also got the Avon Eyeshadow in Cosmic Brown. This is a beautiful, shimmery baked eyeshadow, with lots of different shades of brown, and a fine gold glitter running through it. When you apply it, and mix it all up, you get a really nice light bronze-gold colour, which is perfect for creating subtle smokey eyes from natural colours.   

Lastly, my favourite product, and possibly my favourite present this year, was from one of my friends; and I got this maybe a week before Christmas and have literally used it everyday since! 


It is my Mac Eyeshadow in the shade Jest from the Frost collection. It is the most beautiful light beige colour with a gold-pink shimmer. Its perfect for all over the lid on an everyday basis, or as the base for a shimmery smokey eye. I already love this product, and will no doubt be using it everyday this year! 

So yeah these are my Beauty Christmas Presents which I cannot wait to start using properly! Hope you enjoyed reading it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment