Saturday 18 January 2014

Avon's Arrived! || Brochure 03

Hey guys!

So I picked up my Avon products from brochure three this week, so here is what I got!


There are a few things that I'm really looking forward to trying out, and I'll start by saying that I think Avon has a really good makeup range, with a variation of different prices. Some of their make up is really cheap, some more expensive, and some are in the middle. So yeah Avon is a great way to try out new make up. Some people may be put off by the fact that you order out of a brochure, but that's why I think these posts, and reviews of Avon products are really useful, because things may not always be as they look in a book, so I hope you find these posts really helpful!

Ok so first things first; nail varnish. If you ask anyone who knows me, they will tell you that I have an unhealthy relationship with nail varnish. I literally cannot resist buying new shades or effects. So when I saw this in the book, I was already looking forward to trying it out!


They are the Avon Nailwear Pro+. The first one on the left is in the shade Scenic Grey, and this is basically your average dark grey shade. One thing I really like about these Avon nail varnishes is that the brushes are really thick and wide, which means you can apply one coat in one stroke without having to go over the same section loads of times. The second bottle, on the left, is the Satin Nail Top Coat. I bought these two shade to go together, because they looked SO nice in the book, and I'll let you know what I think once I've worn them together, but this is basically a transparent top coat with extremely fine, pearly glitter in it. It dries quite matte, and makes the nail look really nice and smooth. At the moment I really love this top coat, because it's something a bit different, and can go with practically any nail varnish underneath.

Next is the Avon Super Shock Mascara and i just have the shade Black.


This is the second tube that I've bought, so technically this is a repurchase, but I haven't talked about this product before, and it needs to be recognised. I use this mascara everyday because it is very volumising. The wand doesn't have a massive brush, like what I normally use, but it just applies so well. It spreads out my lashes really well, and with two coats doesn't look like I've got tonnes of mascara on. If i want bigger, more dramatic lashes I just use it as a base coat, and use a different mascara on top, but for everyday use, this mascara is great since it lasts all day without like flaking off. So yeah, this is my favourite mascara at the moment, and i would highly recommend getting it. 

Then I thought I'd try out the Avon Super Shock Gel Eyeliner in the shade Flash. 


I'd heard Katie from Katie's Beauty Blog (http://www.katiesbeautyblog.com/) talk about this before, and so thought I'd give it a go too. Its a really pale, shimmery pink pencil eyeliner, and it's super creamy so applies really well. I swatched it on my hand (below), and once it sort of dried, it did not smudge at all. As much as I sit here rubbing it, even with water it stays. Because of this, I think it will be perfect for lining the bottom water line. My eyes are always really watery, and I usually don't wear any eyeliner on my bottom water line because by the time ive dont the second eye, the first has come off. So yeah I'll let you know how I got on with that.  

Next is the Avon Always On Point Reflective Eyeliner in the shade Gun Metal.



Whoever came up with the idea for this eyeliner is a great person I'll tell you that! Basically at first sight it's just your average eyeliner crayon, but hidden in the lid is a sharpener. So when you undo the lid, it simultaneously sharpens the tip of the pencil, making sure you have the perfect point whenever you use it, hence the name always on point! I think it's a great little extra, and saves having to sharpen the eyeliner every time you want to use it. The actual product is also really good. I've got a really dark grey shade, with tiny bits of glitter in, but when you look at it, it looks really shiny. Like before, once its has sort of settled, it stays really well, and I'm really looking forward to using this when I don't want to wear black eyeliner. 

So yeah this is everything I got from Brochure 3, I will post individual reviews soon once I've tried everything out properly :) 
If you want to order anything from Avon, and do not currently have a Representative, go check out their website (http://www.avon.uk.com/PRSuite/ourproducts_landing.page#.Utqy6fTFKIU) and use the 'Find a Representative' button to receive a brochure.

No comments:

Post a Comment